There is one issue that effects may others; healthcare. The Affordable Care Act (a.k.a Obamacare) has such a wide influence on American culture, that it may just be the ignition source of our complete destruction. I don’t have the time to go into all of the ways this horrendous policy effects American life, but here are a few simple truths to consider:
1) One of the ‘selling points’ of the ACA was that it would be so much more affordable than the system we had become used to. That turned out to be a lie. People who had been paying too much to greedy insurance companies found out that they had to pay this new government sanctioned greedy insurance company even more. Premiums have sky-rocketed, and a lot of people have lost vital coverage that they counted on. When Government gets involved in anything it becomes less efficient and more expensive.
2) For years, the minions of accountants, lawyers and private sector bureaucrat parasites have huddled in their offices and devised ways to make more money out of the public and give them less product. Years ago, insurance companies imposed the policies that come between doctors and their patients. A doctor should never have to spend time on paperwork and jumping through hoops to get approval from a low-level, college-graduate, twinkie-eating, bean counter to treat a patient. ALL HEALTHCARE SHOULD BE BETWEEN THE DOCTOR AND THE PATIENT (PERIOD)! Yet, now the government has stepped in, so the quality of care has all but disappeared.
3) One of the reasons for separation listed in the Declaration of Independence states, “He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.” The ACA is exactly the kind of thing our Founders fought against – a government program (policy) that sets out to eradicate bits and pieces of our freedom, to the point of eating out our substance.
4) The 1st Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America has been assaulted by the government (and non-government entities, as well). Under the ACA, people have been forced to go against their deeply held religious beliefs, or lose their healthcare coverage. The phrase in the Amendment is simple; ‘Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…’ When government tells a Christian business owner that they must offer healthcare insurance that includes abortion, then government is breaching the very covenant that they are supposed to be honoring.
5) Within the ACA, we find that the government is pushing doctors to ask questions of their patients that really have nothing to do with healthcare. One of those questions asks whether or not the patient owns a firearm, and the doctor is ordered to return the information gleaned from these invasive questions to the government. In this, sacred doctor/patient confidentiality is shattered. Also, the 4th Amendment to the Constitution states, ‘The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches….’ Did you get that? We have the right to be secure in our ‘persons’ etc. So, when the government insists that your doctor report your private business back to the government (with NO warrant for the information), your Constitutional right has been violated!
6) Illegal alien, so-called immigrants (I prefer invaders) who, by their very presence on our soil are breaking our law, have a free ride to free healthcare through Obamacare. We’ve been medicating the masses of criminals who come into this country for decades, but the ACA just makes it worse. Perhaps, if the perks that these vermin receive when they come here would disappear, then there would be less incentive for them to come. (This also affects National Security, because people who want to kill us also enjoy what Obamacare offers) The simple truth about our immigration goes forth from cutting off free healthcare to them – if we would enforce the laws we already have, we could get the problem under control.
7) People are now taxed (fined) if they do not have government sanctioned healthcare. Government is requiring the purchase of something, whether you can afford it or not – if not, you will be punished. Because the Supreme Court went along with this, precedent has been set. Will government make you purchase a cell phone? What about anything else they deem you must have?
8) The only way healthcare will ever be affordable and beneficial is to get the government, bureaucrats, accountants, lawyers and MBA minions out of it! If healthcare is returned into the hands of doctors and their patients, everybody wins.
There is more! But for here and now, that is enough. The ACA, at its very core, is Socialized Medicine. There are three candidates in the race for President of the United States who are advocates for Socialized Medicine (and therefore advocates for government oppression of people’s rights). Those candidates are Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. The simple truth is this: If a candidate is ‘okay’ with taking one right away, then he or she will be willing to take all of our rights away. Anyone who votes for a candidate, who would take one of our rights, is voting for a candidate that will take all of our rights. Is that what our Founding Fathers and generations of Patriots since the beginning of our country fought for? Did they want the Constitution wadded up and thrown into the fire? I don’t think so. I believe they would weep if they saw what has happened to America, and once the tears were wiped away, they would pray and with great resolve they would defend and maintain the Constitution.
The mess we are in cannot be fixed by one candidate. It took a long time to sink this low, and it will take long time rise back up. If we ignore the simple truth and common sense, we can kiss America ‘good-bye’. We can patiently and willingly make sure that government gets in line with what it is supposed to be (an employee of the Citizenry), or we can allow anger and frustration to finish us off. Choose wisely, American! If you don’t, you will lose your Freedom.